Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mother's Day weekend





This Mother's Day, I enjoyed a weekend-long visit from an old friend, Jessica Price Vaughan. We have been friends since we were 14. She helped host my baby shower for Joseph (where everything was pink, because he was supposed to be a girl), and she hosted my shower for Jacob and Katie as well. She has been a wonderful friend through the years. She drove up from Richmond on that Saturday, and stayed until Monday. Saturday night, we went to Mary Yoder's Amish Kitchen for Mother's Day dinner. The girls were having a great old time in the van on the way home...Jacob was not enjoying it.



Sunday after church, she and I went to Kirtland to see the bronze sculptures of Christ. After dinner, we watched "Twilight" on her computer. I had read all the books, but had never seen the movie. She is a bigger Twilight fan than I am, and was able to share all kinds of cool trivia about the shooting of the movie. It was fun to share the weekend with such a dear friend. I was going to say old and dear, but that makes me feel old.

No comments: