Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A dream fulfilled

Joe has certain foods that he has ummm....a very strong aversion to because of childhood experiences. Two of those foods are chili and stuffed peppers. I joke that the smell of green peppers cooking makes him cry. But it's not far from the truth. Consequently, I have never cooked stuffed peppers in all the years we have been married. Katie brought this to my attention around Christmas time. She said she would like to try them. Well, as luck would have it, Joe was out of town the week after Christmas, so I did some looking around online and found a recipe that looked good. Joseph, Katie, and I loved them; Emma devoured the filling, and Jacob was happy to eat leftovers since the recipe only made four. I think I have a new dish to prepare for any time Joe isn't here!

No comments: